Caritas Pakistan officially launched PEACH project, Chairman and Deputy Chairman of Caritas Pakistan along with Executive Director, Executive Secretaries, National office and diocesan staff participated.
The ceremony was held on 22nd July, 2016 at Renewal center Youhanabad, Lahore. His Excellency Rt. Rev. Archbishop Joseph Coutts (Archdiocese of Karachi and Chairman of Caritas Pakistan) accompanied by Rt. Rev. Archbishop Sebastian Francis Shaw (Archdiocese of Lahore and deputy chairman of Caritas) and Rt. Rev. bishop Benny Mario Travas (Bishop of dioceses of Multan). Mr. Amjad Gulzar Executive director Caritas Pakistan and all the Executive secretaries attended the ceremony.
- Duration of the project: April 01, 2016 to March 2018
- Total Budget: 83,000 Euro
- Funded By: European Union (EU) Volunteer Aid Fund
- Partners in Consortium: Total 10 partners in consortium
Caritas Austria, Caritas Asia, Caritas Czech Republic, Caritas Romania Caritas Bangladesh, Caritas India, Caritas Myanmar, Caritas Nepal, Caritas Philippines and Caritas Pakistan
- To Strengthen organizational and technical capacities of Caritas organizations and their networks in 6 countries in Asia in order to increase their effectiveness and efficiency in working for community resilience and preventing human, economic or environmental losses during disaster
- The funding from this project will enable the partner organizations to enhance their ability to respond to a growing number of disaster in the Asian Region while improving their own systems in emergency situations and exploring volunteering opportunities in disaster response.
- PEACH Project Work Plan
|S. No||Event||National Events /||No of Participants||Location|
|1||Official Launching in Pakistan||July 22, 2016||17||Renewal Center, Lahore|
|2||Training on humanitarian principles and CI emergency tool kit||Dec 11-13, 2016||35||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|
|3||Training on volunteer management||Jun 28 – Jul 01, 2017||29||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|
|4||Midterm review||July 25, 2017||23||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|
|5||Training on Cash Transfer Programming in Humanitarian Action||Sep 13-15, 2017||26||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|
|6||PEER Exchange visit to Nepal||Sep 17-20, 2017||4||Earthquake Affected areas of Nepal|
|7||Hosting PEER Exchange visit (Caritas Myanmar & Nepal)||October 2017||6||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|
|8||Volunteer Management system at national level||January 2018||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|
|9||Training National humanitarian response mechanism||November 2017||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|
|10||Lessons learned and Future Planning workshop||Feb-18||Caritas Pakistan National Secretariat|